Let me tell you fellows, there is nothing I enjoy more than a good game where I can use my skills and energy. And a year ago, me and my friend, we discovered the agility classes – a training preparing dogs for obstacle course in a race for both time and accuracy.
It shortly became one of my favorite activities for three reasons:
- It’s forcing me to focus, respond to commands and use my memory.
It’s all about team work. My friend plays a key role in my success leading me only by using voice, movement, and various body signals.
I get the best, juicy treats after each achievement.
We practice this sport every Saturday for an hour and the trainer is proud of my evolution. He said that I’m ready to participate to a competition, if I want to.
If I want to??!!! You should’ve seen my friend’s face, he was so proud when he heard that, we are definitely doing this…
If you’re interested in doing this sport with your friend, here’s what you need to know:
- I need to remain focused on my friend, and see which direction he wants me to go (we took a FOCUS training so i don’t get distracted whenever a beautiful female dog passes by (you know what I am talking about 😉 )
- It is a team-work, we both should cooperate to achieve the desired result.
Since we both live in Montreal, we looked for agility clubs in this beautiful big city, here is what I want to share with you:
- Club d’agilité de Montreal : it is where we take our training.
- Le Club d’Agilité Montérégie : it is in the south shore of Montreal.
- Club Agilité Canin (CAC) St-Lazare : located in the beautiful island of St-Lazare in western Montreal.
We chose the Club d’agilité de Montreal because they keep offering sessions even during winter. how do they do that? simply, they rent an indoor facility from another dog-training school called DogzWorth (http://www.dogzworth.com), where I already took some training. And guess what, it is very close to where we live in Nuns Island – Montreal.
I hope that you found useful information for you guys, so please share them with your friends.